For people like me a repeat of as tragic ride after having gone through the hustles of a demoralizing ride could be tragic. Maybe that appears to b e a very strong statement but I really saw red once because of lacking on e of the basic tools on my new car. Because of the geographical area, the government has not institutionalized the use of Autel MaxiScan MS300 CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool for OBDII Vehicles. Moreover, most of the cars sold in our area are generally second hand models from the east.
For hours in the middle of a jungle and without help, I finally got someone who sought the help of a mechanic from the capital several kilometers away. It made me thinking of some gadget I had seen on my friend’s car. On giving him a call, he was more than too happy to lend a hand when I was planning the next escapade. But the sweet part was that I realized how this tool worked, it was an Autel MaxiScan MS300 CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool for OBDII Vehicles.
Why should buy MaxiScan MS300
Using the Autel MaxiScan MS300 CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool, the user is bound to accrue the following beneficial effects;
Cost effectiveness– considering the several features and the user interfaces the tool has, it is unbelievable how affordable Autel MaxiScan MS300 CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool for OBDII Vehicles is. It is even lower on some of the shops which sell it at quite lucrative prices which makes it look like it is for free.
Wide usage– the OBD scan given its high affinity to most cars and the support for several protocols, it is amazingly beneficial to any user. With this tool, you will b e relieved of having to purchase other scan tools available in the market.
Autel MaxiScan MS300 Features
By physically looking at the minute looking scan tool, one would think otherwise. However, the OBD 2 scan tool has some of the following unique characteristics;
- Has an easy to read backlight LCD screen which allows for the ease of display of scanned data.
- Its multilingual function allows the mechanic and the owner to retrieve the information using any language of their choice without having to undergo color barrier.
- Its ability to retrieve both the generic and manufacturer specific code allows it to enjoy some of the largest compatibility levels. Moreover its coding ability allows it to read and display as well as erase the already used data.
- Because of its wider reach. It supports the controller area network (CAN) protocol which is essential in allowing it perform tasks like retrieving the vehicle information.
- Autel MaxiScan MS300 CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool for OBDII Vehicles comes with a functional USB cable which has a standard universal 16 pin connector for ease of linking to the relevant tools including the PC and the battery.
- Functional USB cable which has a standard universal 16 pin connector
- The OBD scan tool weighs 10. 4 ounces and has a standardized size of 3 by 2 by 9.1 inches which is relatively small for ease of usage, navigation and storage.
- The manual of the tool comes in the form of a CD which allows the user to have an interesting and interactive session with the reader before use on the audio and visual scale. The CD additionally carries the software which allows its installation to other devices quite easy.
- Its wide coding and relevant OBD 2 protocol support allows it to be used on most cars from the United States and the Asian tigers.
Containing 7,000 diagnostic trouble codes. Autel Maxiscan MS300 contains most, if not all of the diagnostic trouble codes, allowing you to identify any issue that your car might be experiencing.
Turns off the check engine light. Not only does this scanner read and clear the diagnostic trouble codes (both the generic and manufacturer-specific DTCs), it will also turn off the check engine light so that you won’t have it blinking at you even if there’s no problem.
Compatible with OBD-II compliant vehicles manufactured from 1996 onwards. Autel Maxiscan MS300 is compatible with just about any vehicle manufactured from 1996 onwards, so you can diagnose your car regardless of which company manufactured it.
Runs without batteries. Autel Maxiscan MS300 is powered by a detachable OBD-II cable. It also uses a 16-pin OBD-II connector so that you don’t need any connectors or cables to make it work.
Affordability. Autel Maxiscan is more reasonably priced compared to other OBD2 scanners, so you get to save up on money, not only because of your purchase, but also because you can diagnose your car without having to bring it to the car repair shop immediately.
Of course, the device also has its own downsides. The CD that comes with the unit has some of the codes to identify a problem, but not all of them I’m afraid – I found it easier to simply turn to the internet and Google the codes (see my article on places to get codes). Also the instructions for this unit isn’t too great, but anyone can just about get the gist of things and the fact that working your way through the unit’s menu is a breeze.
Also due to the fragile plastic housing, the unit does feel a bit cheap and might break if dropped onto a concrete driveway. If I were a professional mechanic who was thinking of using this daily in the garage, I’d be inclined to look for something abit more sturdy.
The several models and brands of OBD scan tools present the users with diverse choices when it comes to the selection of the tools. The basic requirement is to be able to know your car and the tool which is compatible with it. If you have a tool like the Autel Autel MaxiScan MS300 CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool for OBDII Vehicles Diagnostic Scan Tool which covers a wide range of cars, then you are good to go.