What are you doing when raining and you must go out home to do something?
Raining make the limited vision, wet roads can not only be caused the accident, but flooding and wet can also lead to failure.
Moisture can cause problems with other parts such as the engine and electrical system, especially if your old car.
Driving through deep water can lead to serious problems if you are not fully prepared. The automobile is not waterproof and will break if driving through deep water.
One of the main problems that can lead to complete engine failure, is usually due to the water being sucked into the engine: the engine will lock back, leading to the critical engine parts-including the bar and piston-valve is damaged. If this happens, you will need a complete engine-which often must pay because they cause damage when driving through the country.
So, by following these helpful tips to driving in the heavy rain flooded roads and through-do Institute of automobile drivers Who raise (IAM) and the RAC proposal-you will be able to keep it safe.
Below some tips and tricks for driving in the rain and flooded roads.
1. Before departure, please check all the warning weather updates or off road traffic is expected to affect your travel, travel in extreme weather conditions, we have seen in the past few days, if you really, really have to do.
2. Check that the vehicle’s lights and windshield wiper blades are clean and that your normal activities.
3. Check the tire pressure and tire depth, in order to ensure the best can keep the surface moist, suitable for winter a tire, even more than in the wet. How good? This video will give you an idea of your ability.
4. Plan your route in advance to avoid any path to avoid flood prone. You may have to go out of your way, but a little extra time is a small price to pay compared to the consequences of driving on a flooded road.
5. Heavy rain can often lead to damaged road surfaces and puddles can also hide deep drive can damage tires and your suspension system, so be looking for clues as loose ice ramp.
6. If you have to use windshield wipers, you should also turn on dipped headlights so other drivers can see you easily. You should also reduce speed when traveling in the rain as this will help you increase your stopping distance and avoid bumping into the car in front if they stop abruptly. A low speed also means you drive through large puddles and potholes smoothly, do not spray other road users or the risk of aquaplanin and minimize the risk of damage to your car.
7. Heavy rain can affect the car’s electronics, causing the crash. So please keep your mobile phone and make sure that the number of analysis services provider you have stored on it. If the worst happens and you damage, keep your lid closed while you wait to get help, such as soaking the machine will only make it worse.
8. When faced with sugar water, do not try to drive if not sure about the depth: the edge of the curb is often a good indicator, if you can still see it.
9. If you decide to continue, try reviews of depth, using cane or umbrella, roll up, then drive on the highest part of the road (usually middle).
10. Driving in slow and steady speed to avoid creating the bow wave in front of the car and allowing traffic on the way across before-so make sure you have a clear route ahead so you don’t have to stop in standing water.
11. Do not, in any case, trying to drive across fast-flowing water. You can easily be washed away.
12. Always check the brakes after drainage.
13. If your engine is cut after driving through deep water, do not attempt to restart, because incidents can happen. Instead, call for help and checked the car professional.